Having an excessively large forehead can make you look weird. The reason behind this large forehead can be due to genetic factors, hair loss or from prior surgery. Reason of hair loss can be any but the treatment can range from supplements to hair transplant in Ludhiana. Not only does it make you feel weirdo and aesthetically disproportionate, but also restricts the number of hairstyles that you can actually wear on your broad forehead.
Men and Women both are very particular about their looks these days. Hence they have found a solution to this problem also. To deal with prominent foreheads or receding hairlines, Hairline lowering surgery also referred to as forehead reduction, is adopted by the people. This is the most efficient way to move the hairline to a natural level by lowering the hairline by up to 2 inches.
One should keep in mind that it is not actually reducing the forehead but it just moves down the location where the hair grows and allows you to have your hairline advanced up to certain distances, depending on various variables such as preoperative hairline height, scalp laxity, and patient preference, etc.
What Are The Different Types Of Hairline Lowering Procedures?
Hairline lowering refers to forehead reduction either by surgical hairline advancement or through hair grafting. Surgical hairline advancement is a surgery that takes place on the forehead in which a part of the skin next to the hairline is removed, and the remaining part is stitched back resulting in a lowered hairline. It usually results in a scar. The stitching part is crucial and central to the procedure. So always choose your surgeon wisely for the stitch to make without complications. While performing the surgery, a doctor will first evaluate the extent of skin on your forehead that can be removed without causing a lot of stretching. The whole hairline lowering treatments typically take between 2 and3 hours to complete.
Next, comes, the Grafting hair which is an alternate method for hairline lowering and involves grafting hair in front of the hairline. In case you do not want to opt for such a surgery, you may choose hair grafting. This process usually gets completed by increasing the layers of hair and by transplanting around 1200 to as many as 2400 hair strands leaving behind no scar. This is a more long drawn procedure as compared to a hairline lowering procedure
What are The Post-Operative Dos and Don’ts for Hairline Lowering?
- Do not wash your hair for at least two days after the surgery takes place to get the best results.
- Do not engage yourself in vigorous activities like swimming, gyming, etc. for at least two weeks after the surgery.
- In the case of swelling or burning sensation, Apply ice on any area or take prescribed medication for the pain.
- Do not drink alcohol or smoke one week before as well as one week after the surgery.
What to expect after the Surgery?
The procedure will restore the balance and good appearance in the face. It offers instant results that could take up to 2 years to reach with hair transplants.
- Hidden Scar- hairline lowering surgery can leave a scar, which is usually made hidden behind the hairline and is undetectable unless hair is wet. A qualified surgeon will know how to hide the scars through the hair grafting method.
- Bruising and Swelling:- Since the scalp is moved forward, swelling and bruising are common after the hairline lowering surgery, but they usually go away in a few days. By following a healthy diet and perioperative instructions of the doctor, swelling and bruising will resolve more quickly.
- Numbness: – Most patients experience temporary numbness in the forehead and scalp after the cosmetic surgery which usually disappears completely after a few months or sometimes days.
Patients can return to work after seven days from the procedure, using a scarf or loose fitting hat to cover the area.